Discover the easy-to-use desktop 3D printer with a large build volume that delivers accurate, industrial-grade parts, time and again. With simple setup, high uptime, and reliable dual extrusion, Ultimaker S5 is the complete professional 3D printing solution.
The Ultimaker S5 is built to run continuously and maximize uptime. Its best-in-class technical specifications deliver performance you can rely on. Designed for your success, the Ultimaker S5 is part of the complete Ultimaker 3D printing solution – one trusted by hundreds of thousands of professionals worldwide.
- Large build volume: 330 x 240 x 300 mm (13 x 9.4 x 11.8 inches)
- Compatible with high-strength glass and carbon fiber filament
- Down to 20 micron (0.001 inch) layer resolution
- Open filament system – print with any 2.85 mm material
- 4.7-inch touchscreen interface – Winner of iF Design Award 2019
Trust the Ultimaker S5 to do its job while you do yours. Its advanced active bed leveling ensures a perfect first layer, glass doors control the airflow, and dual filament flow sensors will pause your print and notify you if you run out of material.
Bigger build volume
A build volume of 330 x 240 x 300 mm (13 x 9.4 x 11.8 inches) gives you more freedom to produce larger designs or print multiple parts on one build plate. So you can meet demand with maximum efficiency, with a 3D printer that fits comfortably on your desk.
Thanks to our pioneering alliance with global materials companies, Ultimaker S5 offers an easy way to print with the world’s most advanced filaments – including glass and carbon fiber composites.
For non-abrasive filaments, switch between build and support material in seconds, choosing from 0.8, 0.4, or 0.25 mm print cores for fast or detailed prints. To unlock more high-end applications with abrasive materials, select print core CC Red 0.6 (sold separately).
Award-winning touchscreen interface
Winner of a 2019 iF Design Award, the touchscreen interface simplifies every action with the Ultimaker S5. Step-by-step setup, navigation, and maintenance remove the need for training and deliver a hassle-free, intuitive 3D printing experience.
Printer and printing properties
- Technology : Fused filament fabrication (FFF).
- Print head : Dual extrusion print head with a unique auto-nozzle lifting system and swappable print cores.
- Build volume (XYZ) : 330 x 240 x 300 mm (13 x 9.4 x 11.8 in).
- Layer resolution : 0.25 mm nozzle: 150 – 60 micron / 0.4 mm nozzle: 200 – 20 micron / 0.6 mm nozzle: 300 – 20 micron / 0.8 mm nozzle: 600 – 20 micron.
- XYZ resolution : 6.9, 6.9, 2.5 micron.
- Build speed : < 24 mm3/s.
- Build plate : Heated glass build plate (20 – 140 °C).
- Nozzle diameter : 0.4 mm (included) 0.25 mm, 0.6 mm, 0.8 mm (sold separately).
- Operating sound : < 50 db.
- Connectivity : Wi-Fi, LAN, USB port.
- Physical dimensions (with Bowden tubes and spool holder) : 495 x 585 x 780 mm (19.5 x 23 x 30.7 in).
- Net weight : 20.6 kg (45.4 lbs.).
- Software : Supplied Ultimaker Cura software, our free print preparation software. Ultimaker Connect, our free printer management solution. Ultimaker Cloud, enables remote printing.
- Supported OS : MacOS, Windows, and Linux