Ultimaker PVA (Polyvinyl Alcohol) As a water-soluble support material, Ultimaker PVA empowers engineers and designers to create highly detailed surfaces and complex moving mechanical parts in just one run. Coupled with the right build materials and our proven material profiles in Cura, Ultimaker’s PVA opens up a whole new world of opportunities for intricate designs and versatile applications.
PVA plastic spools come in 0.75kg or 0.35kg .2.85mm diameter.
Reasons to Choose Ultimaker PVA:
- Allows for the 2nd printing nozzle on the Ultimaker 3 to print dedicated dissolvable support
- Works with PLA and Nylon as a support material, not recommended with other materials due to adhesion differences.
- Allows for the printing of objects not previous possible on single extrusion printers
- Once dissolve, will not mar the finish on supported print surfaces
- Removing supports no longer requires a long and intensive removal process
- This formula is designed to work specifically with the Ultimaker 3 BB Print Core
- Good thermal stability resulting in better degradation resistance compared to other PVA filaments
- Less moisture sensitive than other PVA filaments
- Great adhesion to both PLA and Nylon
- Safe dissolution in tap water (no harmful chemicals required)
- Biodegradable with no hazardous by-products