The new Ultimaker S3 delivers high-quality, composite-ready performance – all efficiently from your desktop. Packed with our latest technology, it is as easy to use as it is powerful, offering the most cost-effective way for disruptive businesses to adopt in-house 3D printing.
The Ultimaker S3 is a complete production system you can depend on in the office or studio. With advanced features to ensure a reliable printing experience, it’s still simple to use thanks to its award-winning touch interface and seamless software integration.
- Dual extrusion with a build volume of 230 x 190 x 200 mm (9 x 7.4 x 7.9 inches)
- Down to 20 micron (0.001 inch) layer resolution
- Open filament system, compatible with glass and carbon fiber composites
- Dual filament flow sensors notify you if material runs out
- 4.7-inch touchscreen interface – Winner of iF Design Award 2019
The Ultimaker S3 features next-generation reliability. Its advanced active leveling, stiffer build platform, heated build plate, and more accurate stepper drivers result in the highest print quality of a machine in this form factor. And dual filament flow sensors notify you if you run out of material.
Easy to use
The Ultimaker S3 was designed so that anyone can achieve high-quality results after a 30-minute introduction. Its award-winning touch interface, quick-swap print cores, and predefined print settings enable rapid changeovers and reduce operator time needed.
On every level, the Ultimaker S3 is our most accessible 3D printer yet. Start creating the parts and models you need using any filament, from any desktop, as part of any workflow, and quickly achieve ROI.
Thanks to our pioneering alliance with global materials companies, the Ultimaker S3 lets you print with a growing library of advanced materials – including glass and carbon fiber composites (when using print core CC Red 0.6 – sold separately).
From mechanical strength to flame retardancy, simply pick the material for your application, download a print profile in the Ultimaker Marketplace, and start printing. Optimized performance – no manually entering parameters.
Printer and printing properties
- Technology : Fused filament fabrication (FFF)
- Print head : Dual-extrusion print head with a unique auto-nozzle lifting system and swappable print cores
- Build volume (XYZ) : 230 x 190 x 200 mm (9 x 7.4 x 7.9 in).
- Layer resolution : 0.25 mm nozzle: 150 – 60 micron / 0.4 mm nozzle: 200 – 20 micron / 0.6 mm nozzle: 300 – 20 micron / 0.8 mm nozzle: 600 – 20 micron.
- XYZ resolution : 6.9, 6.9, 2.5 micron.
- Build speed : < 24 mm3/s.
- Build plate : Heated glass build plate (20 – 140 °C).
- Nozzle diameter : 0.4 mm (included) 0.25 mm, 0.6 mm, 0.8 mm (sold separately).
- Operating sound : < 50 db.
- Connectivity : Wi-Fi, LAN, USB port.
- Physical dimensions : 394 x 489 x 637 mm (15.5 x 19.3 x 25.1 in) (inc. Bowden tubes and spool holder)
Net weight : 14.4 kg (31.7 lbs.)
- Software : Supplied software Ultimaker Cura, our free print preparation software. Ultimaker Connect, our free printer management software. Ultimaker Cloud, enables remote printing.
- Supported : OS MacOS, Windows, and Linux.